Sylvie R. Lorente
Lorente's research interests encompass vascularized materials, constructal theory, porous media, fluid mechanics, heat and mass transfer.
- Office Location: 144 Hudson Hall
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5314
- Email Address:
|PhD Civil Engineering||INSA Toulouse France||1996|
|MS Civil Engineering||INSA Toulouse France||1992|
|BS Civil Engineering||INSA Toulouse France||1992|
Heat and mass transfer
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- Bergles-Rohsenow Young Investigator in Heat Transfer Award, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 2005
- Edward F. Obert Award, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 2004
- Intelligent Optical Design Prize, CADLM, 2006
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- Nguyen, T.S. and Lorente, S. and Carcasses, M., The influence of temperature levels on chloride diffusion through mortar, Advances in Cement Research, vol 19 no. 1 (2007), pp. 17 - 24  [abs].
- Bejan, A. and Lorente, S., Constructal tree-shaped flow structures, Applied Thermal Engineering, vol 27 no. 4 (2007), pp. 755 - 761  [abs].
- Lorente, S. and Voinitchi, D. and Begue-Escaffit, P. and Bourbon, X., The single-valued diffusion coefficient for ionic diffusion through porous media, J. Appl. Phys. (USA), vol 101 no. 2 (2007), pp. 24907 - 1 [1.2426375] [abs].
- Nguyen, T.S. and Lorente, S. and Carcasses, M., The influence of temperature levels on chloride diffusion through mortar, Adv. Cem. Res. (UK), vol 19 no. 1 (2007), pp. 17 - 24  [abs].
- Lorente, S. and Bejan, A., Heterogeneous porous media as multiscale structures for maximum flow access, J. Appl. Phys. (USA), vol 100 no. 11 (2006), pp. 114909 - 1 [1.2396842] [abs].