Robert E. Kielb
- Office Location: 179 Hudson Hall
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5327
- Email Address:
|PhD||Ohio State University||1981|
|MS||Ohio State University||1975|
Conducts research and supervises graduate students in the areas of unsteady aerodynamics, aeroelasticity, mistuning, damping, and probabilistic methods. Principal investigator on AFOSR, DARPA, NASA, and Industrial funded research projects. Provides consultion services to turbine engine companies, including most major companies. Teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in mechanical engineering with emphasis on vibration and design.
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- 2001 ASME Melville Award (Best Paper of the Year), American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- ASME Board of Governors Appreciation Award, American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Award for Service to Technical Societies, GE Aircraft Engines
- Fellow, American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- IGTI Gas Turbine Award - Best Paper of the Year, International Gas Turbine Institute
- IGTI Scholar Award Review Committee Award, International Gas Turbine Institute
- IGTI Structures & Dynamics Committee Best Paper Award, International Gas Turbine Institute
- Lewis Awareness Special Recognition, Lewis Turbomachinery Flutter Research Team
- Lewis Distinguished Paper Award, NASA
- NASA AWareness Team Recognition, Advanced Turboprop Project
- NASA Group Achievement Award, NASA
- ME 544.01 - ADV MECHANICAL VIBRATIONS
- ME 555.02 - ADVANCED TOPICS
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- R. Kielb and J. Barter and O. Chernycheva and T. Fransson, Flutter of low pressure turbine blades with cyclic symmetric modes: A preliminary design method, Journal Of Turbomachinery-transactions Of The Asme, vol 126 no. 2 (2004), pp. 306 -- 309 [abs].
- V. Ramamurti and R. Kielb, Natural frequencies of twisted rotating plates, Journal Of Sound And Vibration, vol 97 no. 3 (1984), pp. 429 -- 449.