Omar M. Knio
Edmund T. Pratt, Jr. Professor, and Director of Uncertainty and Risk Assessment
My research interests encompass computational fluid mechanics, oceanic and atmospheric flows, turbulent flow, physical acoustics, chemically-reactive flow, energetic materials, microfluidic devices, dynamical systems, numerical methods, and asymptotic and stochastic techniques.
- Email Address:
|PhD||Massachusetts Institute of Technology||1990|
|SC||Massachusetts Institute of Technology||1986|
|BSE||American University of Beirut||1984|
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- Associated Western Universities Faculty Fellowship Award, Associated Western Universities
- Distinguished Alumnus Award, American University of Beirut
- Friedrich Wilhelm Bessel Award, Humboldt Foundation
- Penrose Award, American University of Beirut
- R&D 100 Award for "Nanofoil Product", R&D Magazine
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- Rizzi, F. and Salloum, M. and Marzouk, Y. M. and Xu, R. G. and Falk, M. L. and Weihs, T. P. and Fritz, G. and Knio, O. M., BAYESIAN INFERENCE OF ATOMIC DIFFUSIVITY IN A BINARY NI/AL SYSTEM BASED ON MOLECULAR DYNAMICS, MULTISCALE MODELING \& SIMULATION, vol 9 no. 1 (2011), pp. 486--512 [doi] [abs].
- Salloum, M. and Knio, O. M., Simulation of reactive nanolaminates using reduced models: I. Basic formulation, COMBUSTION AND FLAME, vol 157 no. 2 (2010), pp. 288--295 [doi] [abs].
- Klein, R. and Achatz, U. and Bresch, D. and Knio, O. M. and Smolarkiewicz, P. K., Regime of Validity of Soundproof Atmospheric Flow Models, JOURNAL OF THE ATMOSPHERIC SCIENCES, vol 67 no. 10 (2010), pp. 3226--3237 [doi] [abs].
- Le Maitre, O. P. and Mathelin, L. and Knio, O. M. and Hussaini, M. Y., ASYNCHRONOUS TIME INTEGRATION FOR POLYNOMIAL CHAOS EXPANSION OF UNCERTAIN PERIODIC DYNAMICS, DISCRETE AND CONTINUOUS DYNAMICAL SYSTEMS, vol 28 no. 1 (2010), pp. 199--226 [doi] [abs].
- Salloum, M. and Knio, O. M., Simulation of reactive nanolaminates using reduced models: III. Ingredients for a general multidimensional formulation, COMBUSTION AND FLAME, vol 157 no. 6 (2010), pp. 1154--1166 [doi] [abs].