Lazlo Ormandy Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
Appointments and Affiliations
- Lazlo Ormandy Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Professor in Cell Biology
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Office Location: 375 Med Sci Res Bldg, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 684-2521
- Web Page:
- Ph.D. Columbia University, 1991
Tissue Repair, Tissue Engineering
- BME 394: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 494: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
- ME 394: Engineering Undergraduate Fellows Projects
- ME 493: Engineering Undergraduate Fellows Projects
- ME 494: Engineering Undergraduate Fellows Projects
- PHYSICS 493: Research Independent Study
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- Chang, DP; Guilak, F; Jay, GD; Zauscher, S, Interaction of lubricin with type II collagen surfaces: Adsorption, friction, and normal forces., Journal of Biomechanics, vol 47 no. 3 (2014), pp. 659-666 [10.1016/j.jbiomech.2013.11.048] [abs].
- Olson, SA; Horne, P; Furman, B; Huebner, J; Al-Rashid, M; Kraus, VB; Guilak, F, The role of cytokines in posttraumatic arthritis., Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, vol 22 no. 1 (2014), pp. 29-37 [10.5435/JAAOS-22-01-29] [abs].
- Shemesh, M; Asher, R; Zylberberg, E; Guilak, F; Linder-Ganz, E; Elsner, JJ, Viscoelastic properties of a synthetic meniscus implant., Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, vol 29 (2014), pp. 42-55 [10.1016/j.jmbbm.2013.08.021] [abs].
- Garrigues, NW; Little, D; Sanchez-Adams, J; Ruch, DS; Guilak, F, Electrospun cartilage-derived matrix scaffolds for cartilage tissue engineering., Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A (2013) [10.1002/jbm.a.35068] [abs].
- Chainani, A; Hippensteel, KJ; Kishan, A; Garrigues, NW; Ruch, DS; Guilak, F; Little, D, Multilayered electrospun scaffolds for tendon tissue engineering., Tissue Engineering Part A: Tissue Engineering, vol 19 no. 23-24 (2013), pp. 2594-2604 [10.1089/ten.TEA.2013.0165] [abs].