Lazlo Ormandy Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
Appointments and Affiliations
- Lazlo Ormandy Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Office Location: 375 Med Sci Res Bldg, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 684-2521
- Web Page:
- Ph.D. Columbia University, 1991
Tissue Repair, Tissue Engineering
- BME 394: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 494: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- EGR 491: Projects in Engineering
- ME 394: Engineering Undergraduate Fellows Projects
- ME 491: Special Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 492: Special Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 493: Engineering Undergraduate Fellows Projects
- PHYSICS 493: Research Independent Study
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- Moutos, Franklin T. and Freed, Lisa E. and Guilak, Farshid, A biomimetic three-dimensional woven composite scaffold for functional tissue engineering of cartilage, Nature Materials, vol 6 no. 2 (2007), pp. 162 - 167 [nmat1822] [abs].
- Gilchrist, Christopher L. and Witvoet-Braam, Sietske W. and Guilak, Farshid and Setton, Lori A., Measurement of intracellular strain on deformable substrates with texture correlation, Journal of Biomechanics, vol 40 no. 4 (2007), pp. 786 - 794  [abs].
- CL Gilchrist, SW Witvoet-Braam, F Guilak, LA Setton, Measurement of intracellular strain on deformable substrates with texture correlation., Journal of biomechanics, United States, vol 40 no. 4 (2007), pp. 786-94 [abs].
- I Youn, JB Choi, L Cao, LA Setton, F Guilak, Zonal variations in the three-dimensional morphology of the chondron measured in situ using confocal microscopy., Osteoarthritis and cartilage / OARS, Osteoarthritis Research Society, England, vol 14 no. 9 (2006), pp. 889-97 [abs].
- J Qi, AM Fox, LG Alexopoulos, L Chi, D Bynum, F Guilak, AJ Banes, IL-1beta decreases the elastic modulus of human tenocytes., Journal of applied physiology (Bethesda, Md. : 1985), United States, vol 101 no. 1 (2006), pp. 189-95 [abs].