Brian P. Mann
Jeffrey N. Vinik Associate Professor
- Office Location: 238 Hudson Hall
- Email Address:
|D.Sc. Mechanical Engineering||Washington University - St. Louis||2003|
|MS Mechanical Engineering||Washington University - St. Louis||1999|
|BS Mechanical Engineering||University of Missouri - Columbia||1996|
Nonlinear dynamics and vibration utilizing analytical, numerical, and experimental techniques. Fundamental investigations of phenomenon and application areas where dynamical systems theory plays an important role.
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- Defense Manufacturing Technology Achievement Award, DOD Mantech
- National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate Fellow (NDSEG), ASEE
- NSF CAREER Award, National Science Foundation
- Dean's Advisory Fellow Council Award, University of Missouri
- Ralph R. Teetor Educational Award for excellence in teaching, Society of Automotive Engineers
- Junior Faculty Research Award, University of Missouri
- ME 541.01 - INTERMEDIATE DYNAMICS
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- Butcher, Eric A. and Mann, Brian P., Analytic Bounds for Instability Regions in Periodic Systems With Delay via Meissner's Equation, JOURNAL OF COMPUTATIONAL AND NONLINEAR DYNAMICS, vol 7 no. 1 (2012) [doi] [abs].
- Dunnmon, J. A. and Stanton, S. C. and Mann, B. P. and Dowell, E. H., Power extraction from aeroelastic limit cycle oscillations, JOURNAL OF FLUIDS AND STRUCTURES, vol 27 no. 8 (2011), pp. 1182-1198 [doi] [abs].
- Khasawneh, Firas A. and Mann, Brian P., Stability of delay integro-differential equations using a spectral element method, MATHEMATICAL AND COMPUTER MODELLING, vol 54 no. 9-10 (2011), pp. 2493-2503 [doi] [abs].
- Khasawneh, Firas A. and Mann, Brian P., A spectral element approach for the stability of delay systems, INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL FOR NUMERICAL METHODS IN ENGINEERING, vol 87 no. 6 (2011), pp. 566-592 [doi] [abs].
- Mann, B. P. and Khasawneh, F. A. and Fales, R., Using information to generate derivative coordinates from noisy time series, COMMUNICATIONS IN NONLINEAR SCIENCE AND NUMERICAL SIMULATION, vol 16 no. 8 (2011), pp. 2999-3004 [doi] [abs].