Jeffrey N. Vinik Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering & Materials Science
Appointments and Affiliations
- Jeffrey N. Vinik Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering & Materials Science
- Associate Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Office Location: 144 Hudson Hall, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5310
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sc.D. Washington University, 2003
- M.S. Washington University, 1999
- B.S. University of Missouri at Columbia, 1996
Nonlinear dynamics and vibration utilizing analytical, numerical, and experimental techniques. Fundamental investigations of phenomenon and application areas where dynamical systems theory plays an important role.
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- Defense Manufacturing Technology Achievement Award, DOD Mantech
- National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate Fellow (NDSEG), ASEE
- NSF CAREER Award, National Science Foundation
- Dean's Advisory Fellow Council Award, University of Missouri
- Ralph R. Teetor Educational Award for excellence in teaching, Society of Automotive Engineers
- Junior Faculty Research Award, University of Missouri
- CE 197: Projects in Civil Engineering
- CEE 492: Projects in Civil Engineering
- CEE 625: Intermediate Dynamics: Dynamics of Very High Dimensional Systems
- EGR 244L: Dynamics
- ME 391: Undergraduate Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 392: Undergraduate Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 394: Engineering Undergraduate Fellows Projects
- ME 492: Special Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 493: Engineering Undergraduate Fellows Projects
- ME 494: Engineering Undergraduate Fellows Projects
- ME 541: Intermediate Dynamics: Dynamics of Very High Dimensional Systems
- ME 555: Advanced Topics in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 742: Nonlinear Mechanical Vibration
- ME 758S: Curricular Practical Training
- ME 758S: Undergraduate Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- MENG 550: Master of Engineering Internship/Project
- MENG 551: Master of Engineering internship/Project Assessment
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- Butcher, Eric A. and Mann, Brian P., Analytic Bounds for Instability Regions in Periodic Systems With Delay via Meissner's Equation, JOURNAL OF COMPUTATIONAL AND NONLINEAR DYNAMICS, vol 7 no. 1 (2012) [doi] [abs].
- Dunnmon, J. A. and Stanton, S. C. and Mann, B. P. and Dowell, E. H., Power extraction from aeroelastic limit cycle oscillations, JOURNAL OF FLUIDS AND STRUCTURES, vol 27 no. 8 (2011), pp. 1182-1198 [doi] [abs].
- Khasawneh, Firas A. and Mann, Brian P., Stability of delay integro-differential equations using a spectral element method, MATHEMATICAL AND COMPUTER MODELLING, vol 54 no. 9-10 (2011), pp. 2493-2503 [doi] [abs].
- Khasawneh, Firas A. and Mann, Brian P., A spectral element approach for the stability of delay systems, INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL FOR NUMERICAL METHODS IN ENGINEERING, vol 87 no. 6 (2011), pp. 566-592 [doi] [abs].
- Mann, B. P. and Khasawneh, F. A. and Fales, R., Using information to generate derivative coordinates from noisy time series, COMMUNICATIONS IN NONLINEAR SCIENCE AND NUMERICAL SIMULATION, vol 16 no. 8 (2011), pp. 2999-3004 [doi] [abs].