Jeffrey N. Vinik Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering & Materials Science
Appointments and Affiliations
- Jeffrey N. Vinik Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering & Materials Science
- Associate Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Office Location: 144 Hudson Hall, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5310
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Sc.D. Washington University, 2003
- M.S. Washington University, 1999
- B.S. University of Missouri at Columbia, 1996
Nonlinear dynamics and vibration utilizing analytical, numerical, and experimental techniques. Fundamental investigations of phenomenon and application areas where dynamical systems theory plays an important role.
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- Defense Manufacturing Technology Achievement Award, DOD Mantech
- National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate Fellow (NDSEG), ASEE
- NSF CAREER Award, National Science Foundation
- Dean's Advisory Fellow Council Award, University of Missouri
- Ralph R. Teetor Educational Award for excellence in teaching, Society of Automotive Engineers
- Junior Faculty Research Award, University of Missouri
- CEE 625: Intermediate Dynamics: Dynamics of Very High Dimensional Systems
- EGR 244L: Dynamics
- ME 394: Engineering Undergraduate Fellows Projects
- ME 492: Special Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 493: Engineering Undergraduate Fellows Projects
- ME 494: Engineering Undergraduate Fellows Projects
- ME 541: Intermediate Dynamics: Dynamics of Very High Dimensional Systems
- ME 758S: Curricular Practical Training
- ME 758S: Undergraduate Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- MENG 550: Master of Engineering Internship/Project
- MENG 551: Master of Engineering internship/Project Assessment
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- Lipp, GM; Mann, BP, Dynamics of an eccentric disk on a curved surface, Physica D: Nonlinear Phenomena, vol 266 (2014), pp. 34-41 [abs].
- Tweten, DJ; Mann, BP, Experimental investigation of colored noise in stochastic resonance of a bistable beam, Physica D: Nonlinear Phenomena, vol 268 (2014), pp. 25-33 [abs].
- Khasawneh, FA; Mann, BP, A spectral element approach for the stability analysis of time-periodic delay equations with multiple delays, Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol 18 no. 8 (2013), pp. 2129-2141 [10.1016/j.cnsns.2012.11.030] [abs].
- Tweten, DJ; Mann, BP, On the use of weighting matrices to improve harmonic balance parameter identification results, Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol 332 no. 12 (2013), pp. 2941-2953 [10.1016/j.jsv.2013.01.010] [abs].
- Bobrenkov, OA; Butcher, EA; Mann, BP, Application of the Liapunov-Floquet transformation to differential equations with time delay and periodic coefficients, Journal of Vibration and Control, vol 19 no. 4 (2013), pp. 521-537 [10.1177/1077546311433914] [abs].